accessories for this digi camera?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by krossfyter, Jul 28, 2004.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

I decided to go with this camera

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...6769?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3LJ5WMKNRFKQS&v=glance

instead of the finepixs5000

my problem is that i need lithium ion batteries (i guess the NH10 ones or something) but i want to know if they will work with the charger in this kit...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...76769?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

if not please suggest a combo ... bag and charger and battery that i could purchase for this particular camera.

i prefer that this be on amazon.com and if possible keeping it all fujifilm.

i was about to order all this (camera,fujifilm NH10 batteries, kit) together when i noticed that there might be a compatability issue with the NH10 batteries and the charger in the kit. Im not sure so this is why I am asking you all for some assitance with my purchase. I just want to order what I need and have it all be compatible.

2. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

anyone? dont mean to make it complicated i just want to know the right battery and charger for the job. thanks.

3. bonk macrumors member

just get a sony DSC-T1. it's a fantastic camera - I really cant say enough good about it, and I'm a professional photographer! it has a dock like an ipod that connects to the comp and recharges at the same time. 5 megapixels, plus hi quality video with audio. and a zeiss lens. and memory sticks come up to a gig. and it fits in your pocket. and it looks cool. just go hold one in your hand and you'll understand.

4. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thanks thats a bad a*s little camera. comes with everything. the price is more than i want to spend... man... im really tempted. should i do it?!
    ahhhhh!

5. bonk macrumors member

well, I paid $650 for it - I was traveling in asia and picked it up in japan before it was released in the US. it's selling for $469 now, but I couldnt care less. you wont regret it.

oh, and it has a massive 2.5" lcd.

6. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    do not get generic batteries. they are simply a waste of your money.

even if they are supposedly higher in capacity, they hold less. even is they say they can recharge w/o memory, they can't.

....or maybe i am just jaded.

7. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i dont want to get generic batteries. are the NH10 generic or what?

what do you suggest?

8. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    well, i just noticed your camera takes AA batteries.

so- if that is the case, i would look for name brand lion rechargeable batteries.

energizer makes some great unrechargeable lion ones. great for a backup.