accessory for macbook heat problems??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by charpi, Oct 20, 2006.

1. charpi macrumors regular

hi all, first i would like to say that my macbook i bought 2 weeks ago is my first laptop and i didnt really expect it to get soooo hot!!! Mine was like 50 degrees celsius or more when running games...=X besides the softwares to control fan speed, is there any external accesory which i can purchase so that i could cool it down a little when playing on a desk? say....since only the bottom is hot(esp the processor part) is there anything sold in the market now which i can put the macbook on to cool it down a little???

thnx guys :D

ps. Is this normal?? i keep touching the bottom every 5 minutes to check whether the table or the case/processor will melt!!!!!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could buy a cooling pad from Targus or Spire (or another manufacturer). You could also google smcFanControl and download that program, which allows you to manually set the speed of the Macbook's fan.

3. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Yes theres this revolutionary new product out called ice. I saw it on a commercial. Its still in testing stages though. :rolleyes:

4. charpi thread starter macrumors regular

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

one time when I needed to render a buncha video for a maths project, I put my powerbook on top of a frozen pizza. :)

but, day-to-day, I have my PowerBook on an IcePad.

There are other stands you can use to help airflow. iLap, iCurve (if you use external keyboard and mouse), or this x-stand. a googling will reveal a plethora of other ones.. some USB powered ones with fans, even! :)