accessory needed for first-timer

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by pianoman, Mar 26, 2007.

1. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

so i'm getting the itch to record some music on my MBP. i've never recorded anything before but i figure i have a digital piano and a Pro notebook computer - i might as well give it a go.

the digital piano i have is the precursor to this one, either the 120 or 130. (for those interested, i have the silver/maple model).

it has MIDI ports (correct terminology?) on the side as well as standard RCA outputs (red and white). i'm not home now so i can't see exactly what it looks like, but i believe that's all the pertinent information.

any ideas on what accessory/ies i would need to connect the piano to my MBP? also, what application will the recording be available to edit/listen to in?

thanks for your help. this is something i've been interested in but haven't really gotten around to yet. when i get home in a few weeks (i'm traveling now) i'd like to get everything i need and get going.

2. pianoman thread starter macrumors 68000

pianoman

unless i'm missing something, that seems to be geared toward recording voice, not digital instruments.

i suppose (in the most basic sense) i'm looking for the cable i would need to connect my piano to my computer. once i have that, i could probably pick up the rest, to a simple degree.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

no, it's not just for voice, it's for anything which makes noise in the analog domain. unless you've got a digital out from your EP, that's included.

coming out at line level, you need an a/d converter. there's one built into your mac, there's also the option of getting one outboard.

4. pianoman thread starter macrumors 68000

pianoman