accidental damage extended warranty coverage????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joebells, Jan 17, 2006.

1. joebells macrumors 6502

Hi I really want to get an apple laptop when the new ibooks or macbooks or whatever are announced, or maybe a macbook pro in a couple of months but anyhow I would want to get an extended warranty, the only problem is that I would want one with accidental damage protection like hp and dell offer. I just really think that would make the most sense for a laptop.

Does anyone know of a third party that offers reasonably priced, reliable accidental damage protection for a laptop? I don't want to put it under a renters insurance or anything like that. I just can't imagine having a portable without any kind of accidental damage coverage especially with a clutzy girlfriend around who will want to use the laptop.

Thanks.

2. Sunrunner macrumors 6502a

Sunrunner

Accidental damage kind of comes with the territory when you have a laptop. You've really just got to be careful. You could always open up an insurance policy with **insert any insurance company here** specifically for your laptop, but even then there are usually some serious limitations to what is and is not covered... not to mention the premium and deductable...

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I don't have any experience with them, but lots of people on here have recommended Safeware in the past.