Accidentally deleted iChat.... HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by beez7777, Dec 21, 2002.

1. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

ok, i feel kind of dumb, but i should. i accidentally deleted iChat, and now i cant get it back. i tried looking at the apple page, but i found nothing. i tried the jaguar install disc 2, but there were just a bunch of packaged stuff that i couldn't open. anyone know what i could do??? any help would be great. :)

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I know MacWorld had an old article on this. There's a way to copy the discs as a .dmg to the desktop and install individual applications. If you've recently D/Led the OS X.3 update it should reinstall it. If not I hope you have a fast net connection. I don't think they offer it as a stand-alone.

Wish I could help more, but I don't remember how to do that disc image thing.

Anyone?

3. DavidFDM macrumors regular

4. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Get Pacifist from versiontracker.com. It works like TomeViewer did in OS 9, and you can find the correct package with the program in it somewhere on the Jag CD (CD 1 I think) and install it via Pacifist.

5. beez7777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

beez7777

thanks everyone, i'm at my cousin's house right now, so i'll have to try it when i get home today. i'll let everyone know how it turns out :)

6. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Billy you're such a loser. How did you "accidentially" uninstall iChat? Dumbass...

7. beez7777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i changed the icon to a more "christmassy" one, but it wouldn't change back. so i dragged it to the trash figuring that it would be on either the jaguar disc or on apple's site. :rolleyes:

8. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Well, you know Billy, if you weren't so spioled, and you could be happywith what you had, then this would never had happened. Like your Mom said, Billy, you're so spoiled. Why can't you just be happy with what you have?

9. beez7777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

beez7777

well, you know will, i don't consider myself "spioled", in fact i appreciate everything i get very much so. i was happy with iChat the way it was, i just wanted to make it christmasified (i'm making up words now) besides, i payed for more than half my computer, and it took me almost a year to save up.(which is quite a lot of saving for a 15 year old). i dont think that's being "spioled".

10. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Jeez, Billy, can't you take a joke. *sniff, sniff* Look, now you made me cry. *cry,cry* You don't have to yell!

11. vniow macrumors G4

Guys, leave your bickering out of the help section, save that for the real world.

If you haven't got iChat back yet, PM me and I'll send it to you.

12. beez7777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i was only kidding as well. you don't have to cry. let's never fight again. :)

13. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Okay. :)

You ought to just reformat again. Your machine is lagging so much, and you have so much crap on it. It;s begging to be done, just like that Compaq you have is begging to be beaten with your Mom's Gateway and your Dad's Dell. (And you call yourself a Mac user)

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Isn't this sweet! Can you feel the love!?! :p :D :rolleyes:

15. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

<fingers crossed>Please get Jaguar for Christmas...Please get Jaguar for Christmas...Please get Jaguar for Christmas...<fingers crossed>:D:D:D