Accidentally deleted languages

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nearfantastica, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

So I was using monolingual to delete languages I don't need. Totally had it backwards and it started to delete the languages I wanted. I realized this as it was running and I stopped the delete. I guess I got a partial delete.

I want to restore this to make sure I won't have any problems but I have absolutely no idea how. I searched at google and I found two things: Re-install OSX and there is somehow a way to only replace what I need, or do a backup from Time Machine.

Can anyone help me out? I've had my iMac now for about 3 years but I'm still kind of clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thanks!

2. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Just reinstall the OS and it will fix it. A normal OS reinstall will not wipe your data. Backup first just to be safe though.

3. macrumors newbie

A downloadable AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle

Go to finder. On the menu you, do Go-->Go to folder--> /System/Library/Keyboard Layouts/

Now copy the file into that folder. (unzip it first!!!!!!)

Attached Files:

4. simsaladimbamba

You registered just for this post and resurrected it without knowing the Mac OS X version the OP uses or stating what Mac OS X version your layout comes from?