Accidentally deleted Photo Booth- Can I get it back?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by heartheart, Feb 18, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Sadly, my Photo Booth application got deleted from my Mac. I didn't realize that deleting the shortcut for Photo Booth (while trying to clear my desktop) would delete the application. Does anyone know how or if I can get it back?

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you didn't empty your Trash, you can restore it from there. Otherwise, you can reinstall it from your Mac OS X install disc.

3. macrumors 603

redwarrior

I'm assuming you've already emptied your trash?

Edit: what ggjstudios said:rolleyes:

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

5. macrumors regular

You can easily restore it from Time Machine backup...

6. macrumors 65816

Chase R

Your just going to have to reinstall it via the OS X install disk.

I'm pretty sure he would have done that if he had a Time Machine backup...

7. macrumors newbie

my photo booth was buggy so I asked a friend to transfer a copy of his photobooth application into an external hardrive and I simply deleted my version of it and uploaded the file from the hd and installed his in my applications folder.

8. macrumors 6502a

SHADO

You also could've inserted your OSX Install Disk and used Pacifist to extract the Photo Booth installer, but your way works as well.

9. macrumors regular

Am I missing something here or what? Since when does deleting a shortcut remove an application?

10. macrumors 601

Schtumple

Salmar, I was wondering the same thing tbh, but I'll just go along with what the OP says...

OP have you tried using spotlight to search for "Photo Booth" (space is important) and see what comes up...?

Sigh, dropbox to the rescue, I'll host my Photobooth app (in a zip file) for you for a bit, PM once you have downloaded it, as I will be take it down after a week...

<removed link>

11. macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

they probably did not delete just the icon, but the application from the applications folder.

you can either restore from DVD, restore from time machine backup which is really simple to do, or get a friend with a mac (possibly the computer and certainly OS X leopard) and just copy it in.

12. macrumors 601

Schtumple

OP did you download my link? If you have, thanks for telling me... If not, bloody hurry up!! I'm not a web server here...

13. macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Thanks! I forwarded the link to a couple friends of mine :D

14. macrumors 601

Schtumple

Great, well OP I'm deleting the file off my dropbox now, I offered it for quite some time...

15. macrumors newbie

I've done the same thing...

I have accidently deleted photo booth off of my computer. Do you mind posting that link again? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

16. macrumors 601

Schtumple

Seriously? You're kidding me right? How can people be so clumsy with photobooth.

Aren't I wonderful, this is the last time I put it up, seriously, I'm not a web server...

17. macrumors newbie

got it.

Thank You So Much! I Really Appreciate It!

18. macrumors 601

Schtumple

19. macrumors newbie

I need it srry man

one more time i am srry for the trouble

20. macrumors newbie

Photo Booth

I accidentally deleted mine as well. I've tried extracting it from the DVD's that come with my MacBook, Snow Leopard, but there is no Photo Booth App. Is there any way anyone can put up their Photo Booth for me to download? For Snow Leopard? If so, that would be great.

21. macrumors regular

The guy who answered the question posted a download link.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090813182301AA0BmIy

To be clear, this isn't my download link, I take NO responsibility if it's filled with trojans/viruses, naughty pictures, whatever... Just found this with a quick Google search.

22. macrumors newbie

Photo Booth

Thanks for your help, but I've already found that link, and apparently that version on Photo Booth did not work. I need the latest one that works on Snow Leopard OS X. I Think It's Version 2.1.1, but I'm not entirely sure. If you could help, please do. Thanks. :apple:

23. macrumors member

Restore it from recycle bin only if you dont have completely deleted it.

24. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you don't have a Time Machine backup that you can restore from, you can download and install Pacifist to extract the app from your install disk. It's there.

25. macrumors newbie

Photo Booth

Sadly, My Trash is Empty. I've already downloaded Pacifist and tried to extract it. Surprisingly, there is no Photo Booth in the Application bundle that's in the Snow Leopard DVD's. Is that normal? Or is it just my DVD's? If anyone can post their copy online for me to download, please let me know. I need the latest version of Photo Booth. I think it's the 3.0.2 version. Thanks. :apple: