accidentally turning volume up on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by luckylisp, Apr 15, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to set the volume on hold so that when you have your iPod in your pocket you don't accidentally turn the volume up? I've blasted my ears out a few times. heh. Not pleasant.

2. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

There is a hold switch on the top of the iPod. Just slide it so you can see the red, and that means you are on hold. You will see a little picture of a lock on your iPod's screen as well when it's on hold.

3. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, that's what the Hold Button is for. That will solve any of those accidental ear-blasting incidents! ;) :cool:

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah right, of course, but then the only problem is I can't fast forward to the next track quickly without taking hold off. I guess what I was looking for was something to hold the volume in place but still have access to the controls. Not possibly, I'm assuming?

5. Guest

calculus

You could try the FM tuner/remote thingy

6. Ish
    macrumors 68000

Ish

The latest software update for iPods allows you to set a maximum volume. Not quite the solution to your problem, more damage limitation!

7. macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

This works well - I have one. Lock the iPod, put it in your pocket/bag, and just use the remote for everything - because you actually need a positive, intentional click to change anything, you won't accidentally up the volume to eardrum-blasting levels :)

8. macrumors 6502a

That happens to me all the time! I usually just put it on hold.

9. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Unfortunately, you cannot currently do this with an iPod. However, I think your best bet is the solution that Marky_Mark and calculus gave.

10. macrumors 601

eva01

Setting the high mark for volume as apple just released does allow you to do that, can't blow your ears out if you can't increase it over a certain amount of loudness.

Another person did mention this earlier just reiterating a bit

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I might look into getting that remote.