Accidently Deleted Adress Book and DVD Player...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i4k20c, Jan 26, 2006.

1. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

Hey guys,
    I made a big mistake, i dragged the adress book and dvd player to the desktop thinking it would create a copy of a icon, rather than actually dragging the whole app out there =(
    and than i put it in the trash and emtied it... now what do i do? I dont care about adress book all that much, but dvd player is important to me...

how do i get these apps back? :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

use the program called pacifist and take the two apps off the OS CDs

3. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

that is my only option? nothing for free besides reinstalling the whole OS?

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

No, you're not reinstalling the whole OS...you're taking the individual apps off of the OS install CD where they're located.

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

i believe so

if you would like better answers try searching this site because it has been brought up literally hundreds of times. and a quick search would have gotten you an answer at lot faster than waiting for a reply to your thread.

6. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

i actually did try searching, but dont really know what search terms and i didn't get much..tried Undo trash, bring back deleted files, applications deleted, accident delete.. idk.. and didn't get nething Usefull...

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Download Pacifist, stick your OS CDs in, and download the apps. That's all you need to do...there's a screenshot on the linked page that shows exactly what you'd be doing, but with Mail.

8. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

lol i dont want to pay the 20 bux.. this comp has barely anything on it.. so im thinking itd be smarter to just reformat.. since i dont need to back nething up.. :eek:

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You don't have to pay $20...you just have to wait for a 15 second splash screen at startup. If you like it and want to keep using it, you are encouraged to pay the $20, but you are not required to do so. It's shareware.

10. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

ah thank you, will give a try this weekend when i am home cos that is where the apple cds are!

thanx guys..