account login items

Discussion in 'macOS' started by amnesiak, Feb 7, 2007.

1. amnesiak macrumors member

amnesiak

hi.can someone check this for me..do you guys have System Events in your login item? thanks.

Attached Files:

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Nope. I'd suggest removing that. Though I wonder if it's part of CrossOver.. I'm a Parallels man. It could also be part of Quicksilver, another app I don't use.

Got some sort of Automator or AppleScript running at startup?

3. amnesiak thread starter macrumors member

amnesiak

hmm i was going to remove it but then i look at the path and the system events is in the /System/Library/Core Services/ folder..so i thought maybe its a system service.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Do you have Folder Actions turned on? That will add System Events to your Login Items, and if it isn't running, Folder Actions won't work.

5. amnesiak thread starter macrumors member

amnesiak

im not sure about that..is it turned on by default on osx tiger? and how do i check it if its on?
    i havent changed much of the settings for the os yet..

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Right click on any file or folder and near the bottom of the contextual menu you should see something about "Enable Folder Actions" or "Disable Folder Actions," as well as a "Configure Folder Actions..." item. It should be off by default, and it since it's something you have to specifically set up in order to use, it sounds like you're not using it.

7. amnesiak thread starter macrumors member

amnesiak

yeah ur right..anyway i checked with a friend and he has it too on the Login Items so i guess its alrite..tho still wondering what it is..maybe its used by iCalAlarmScheduler?

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow