Accusations of US Use of Chemical Agents in Fallujah Resurfaces

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

This rumor has persisted for several months, and now ash-Shaykhli says he has proof that indeed such attacks did take place.

If this is true, it is outrageous and should count as a war crime. Hell, if this is true Bush, Cheney, Rummy, Myers and a few others should face tribunals at the Hague. However, I would very much like to see his proof, and see what kind of evidence he can produce to substiantiate his claim. I have a very hard time believing that the military would think no one would notice if they dropped nalpalm or mustard gas on civilians.

Link

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Considering this is the first I've heard of this rumor, perhaps it's not so outrageous for them to think they could get away with it, assuming it actually happened.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Perhaps that's where all those missing WMD were...the US just happened to inadvertantly explode them with their artillary barrage.

Could be...

I'd like to know more before I voice any opinion on the matter.

4. diamond geezer macrumors regular

It's a good sign for Iraq, that this sort of thing is openly commented on by Iraqi officials.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

And why haven't you lot signed up for the landmine and chemical weapons bans?

6. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

I think I remember this story being in the Guardian or something right after fallujah happened with eyewitness reports etc. To be honest I really don't think Bush et al really give a damn about any repercussions of their actions, because they'll be world leaders before they ever get held accountable. :p

7. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Me as well. But this rumor is out there in the Arab world for sure, so the WH better deal with it.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah i remember it as well ..at least it was in german/austrian newspapers...

and i got to agree it pretty much will get ignored...

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

If we can't use landmines and chemical weapons, what's the fun in killing people anymore?

I think it's because we have this bunker mentality leftover from the cold war. The military (which is currently #2 on the ladder of influence, right behind the corporate kleptocracy) doesn't want to give up any tool that might give it an advantage. Of course, it's also possible the politicians simply haven't seen that the risks (pariahship, generally nasty conflicts, more deaths and injuries) outweigh the benefits (keep using landmines and c/bw).

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bingo! im sure we hit a few depots where Saddam had this stuff i dont think they would bother with this stuff when they have bombs they can put through your window or chiminey stack from 20,000 ft. There is no need.