ACD (20", 23", 30") soon with integrated camera?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vicmalt, Oct 1, 2006.

1. vicmalt macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2006
    I need to buy a 23" and 30" ACD, so this is really my question.

MBP and iMac already have the camera built-in and iSight seems to be on its way out (according to my Apple dealer iSight is being discontinued).

What's your take? Do you guys believe, Apple will upgrade the ACD with a built-in camera, and if so, when do you think it might hit the market?

2. suneohair macrumors 68020

Aug 27, 2006
    Probably not. Only because there are businesses that dont allow cameras. This would cause Apple to lose business.

I would like to see them do it, but I doubt it is going to happen.
  3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR

God, please no. I love the sleek look of the monitor, know that webcams aren't all THAT popular and agree that businesses wouldn't allow them.
  4. vicmalt thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2006
    That's actually a really good point. So, what will replace iSight?
  5. Jopling macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2004
    there was a recall on all the isights in europe because of environmental compliance problems. they are just changing the materials of the isight. chances are it will be exactly the same.
  6. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    Well they have already decided that these companies won't want to (or now can't) buy MBPs, so why not ACDs too?

What would be nice is an iSight that is part of a larger "peice" that fits accross the top of the ACd, making it look built in. Incorpporate a way to move it. Speakers bulit into this "piece" would be cool too.
  7. vohdoun macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2006
    Far away from Earth.
    I'd hate it to have a camera in it, it would look so tacky. As I was thinking of getting another at some point, but not if it's going to have a camera built into the top middle. :mad: