ACD 23 HD Problem!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Neonguy, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Neonguy macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2006
    Recently I'm having strange problem with my 23 ACD. Sometime the monitor flicker on and off. Light the backlight turn on and off really quick. I have gone through my 2nd exchange monitor and it still does it. I'm starting to think it eithor I got an old model monitor, or it is something I plug in using the mac pro ? All I have plug in is Mac Pro, Karmon Soundstick II, Motorolla Modem and a Linksys Router. I also have those white light bleed on a black background. The Apple Genius told me this is normal and exist in every monitor. Is this true?

Mine come back as a July 28, 2006. But on Apple Official site it come back as Late 2005 Model. I don't know what to do anymore, I have already exchange twice already and they starting to get annoy with me coming into Apple Store.

MY Serial on the ACD is: 2A629XXXXXX
  2. asencif macrumors 6502

Dec 21, 2005

There are many threads on this already. It seems that this ACD model is having that backlight bleed problem and some pink even on the new ones. It is more noticeable because of the increase in brightness it seems. That's no excuse and there are people that have some with no issues. I just got mine about two weeks ago and still debating whether to take it back. I have no dead pixels, so that's what's making me stick with it as of right now.
  3. Neonguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2006
    Does your have a pink contrast on the right spreading to the left? I went through already a fews, and I think I still gotten a pink contrast issue. Don't know if they still let me exchange? :mad:

Here is what it look like with a gray background, I notice little pink with gray background. Is this consider pink contrast? Should I went through exchange again?