Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedMacMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
I'm in the market for a large, wide-screen LCD, and was thrilled when Apple finally updated their ACD line to the new aluminum enclosures. However, I've heard nothing but problems with the new ACD 23 regarding the "Pink" issue and other display/calibration problems. I currently have a 15-inch G4 Powerbook, which suffered from the infamous "white spots" problem. I had the LCD replaced once because of it, and it's since developed another HUGE white spot right in the center of the screen, though because I dropped in a few months back I figure I'm SOL to get Apple to replace it again.

What is the problem with Apple making quality displays? They used to have such a great reputation, but lately are having serious quality control issues. After reading the posts here and on Apple's support site, I think I'm going to hold off indefinitely in investing in any more Apple LCDs.

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
I recommend you don't buy one of the displays until they fix them, but once fixed I don't see any reason not to.

I have one of these displays and the pink cast can be removed (at least in my case) by using the calibration tool. However there are other problems with uneven backlighting that can't be fixed with software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.