ACD+AppleCare included free!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crashlock, Oct 13, 2006.

1. crashlock macrumors member

This stems from the ACD Vs DellLCD convo. I'm pretty peeved at the prices of ACD's here in the UK. I'm sure I'm not the only one.. Why are they so expensive? I can't answer that only Steve himself can.
    As I'm going to be buying a 20" ACD next week I noticed it's only covered for 1 years warranty:mad:. As most will know, there's a fair chance pixels will get stuck or die in LCD monitors. So you NEED to buy AppleCare which is another £69 here in the UK ($128) to extend the warranty to 3 years (max). This makes the cost of successfully owning a 20" Apple Cinema Display is £599($1,112). I'm thinking to ease the pain on your wallet a little. Apple could at least include AppleCare for all the ACD's for no extra cost? Does anyone agree? I'd like to know if this is asking too much? How many people agree, if there's a big enough reaction i'll quite happily organize a petition and deliver it to the Apple store in London Regent Street myself.:eek:

Thanks for reading :rolleyes:

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Regent Street's only a 15 min underground trip from me.. I'll sure as hell help out, I was thinking or a ACD 23" to sit next to my iMac when it comes but almost fainted when I saw the price...

3. 7778818405 macrumors newbie

This price issue has been thrashed out a million times by websites across the world, there is a good reason why they are more expensive in the UK.

4. crashlock thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that. If this issue has been thrashed out a million times there's obviously an issue here that Apple should address.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

No good reason if they're still passing off the old spec models as new stock.

6. 7778818405 macrumors newbie

No, it's the same old "they are to expensive in the UK" cry that is always being shouted. If you do a search on this forum or MacNN or AppleNova you will find people shouting "Apple.com doesn't include tax" and various other import ramblings.

7. hush macrumors member

Are you aware that, thanks you're living in an EU country your warranty is a minimum of 2 years (whatever Apple says) and because you live in the UK probably you will be covered along 5-6 years?... this is to say, if you buy applecare you are buying one year as much, and probably because you are living in the UK you are buying NOTHING.

Get informed, and don't worry about that crapy one year warranty :)

8. 7778818405 macrumors newbie

The UK says that (unless you broke it yourself) that a computer should last 6 years. Not sure this applies to computer screens or what-not.

9. hush macrumors member

Actually this applies to any electronical/electric device... in Spain at least we have a 2 years warranty, so it's not worthy buying applecare just for 1 year at the same price, and I consider that 2 years period is enough to be sure if the laptop is ok or not.

10. 7778818405 macrumors newbie

Sorry, I was meaning that I wasn't sure wether or not the 6 year UK clause counted for the computer screens etc, I know that the two year is "all devices" and that is brilliant.

Great advice Hush.

11. crashlock thread starter macrumors member

If anyone has some links to this EU extended warranty cover. That would be great. I will also have a look myself. Thanks for bringing it up.;)