acecad tablet drivers for x

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mkaake, May 23, 2003.

1. mkaake macrumors 65816

hey... FYI -

don't know if any of you guys out there have ever heard of acecad, but they're in the tablet market, for about half the price of wacom. the only reason i bring this up is cause my suite mate here at school got one before coming back this term, and it's pretty nice. it's got a faster refresh rate than wacoms, but it has a battery in the pen. anyhew, at 50 bucks for the 4x6, it's a little better of a deal i thinks....

i thought it was pretty cool, but they didn't have os x drivers until now - i've written them about it, and got the standard 'it'll be out in one week' thing.

here's what they wrote:

"Hello,
    I am so sorry about that you waitting for our Tablet driver for Mac OS X, finally, our software engineer complete the Tablet Driver for Mac OS X, Please get attache files to install the tablet driver for Mac OS X, If you have any problem when you use it, please advise us.
    _
    Tablet Driver named “ Mac 10.2.x.sit ” only for Mac OS 10.2.x and Tablet Driver named “ Mac 10.1.x.sit ” only for Mac OS 10.1.x, please don’t install wrong OS, otherwise, they are different.
    _
    _
    Enjoy it, have a nice day. ^_^
    _
    Best Regards,
    _
    Support Team
    ACE CAD Enterprise Co., Ltd.
    2F, No.94, Bao Chung Rd., Hsin Tien City Taipei Hsien, Taiwan._R.O.C
    TEL : 886-2-2918-3400__ FAX : 886-2-2918-3410"

if anyone is interested in the drivers (haven't checked their page to see if it's there yet), i can attach it or post it.

matt

2. zzarg macrumors newbie

please please !

Yes please - either a link or post here would be *great*
    Had a hunt on the site, and I can't find anything :(
    The OS9 drivers on the CD are no use to me. Using it (the tablet) on Windows and loving it...