Acessing The 360 Quick Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarkNetworks, Mar 12, 2007.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Is there anyway I can transfer files from my Mac to my 360 Hard Drive?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

no, but you can stream music, photos and videos from your mac to your 360 using connect360 (google it)

3. pcypert macrumors 6502

Couldn't you burn a disk and do them that way as well?

Paul

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

You can, but it wont see data, only music CDs. So its a long winded way of doing it and a bit of a waste of CDs (Though CD-RWs could be fun). Connect360 is the way forward.

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Does Connect360 work for everyone?

Every time I've tried it, the menulet (what do you call those things?) on the Mac freezes when I try to connect from the 360; and has to be force-quit.

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

No problems for Connect360 for me, I just used it yesterday. I was cleaning the house so I streamed some music from my computer to the 360, worked like a charm. I'm not sure why some people have problems with it and some don't. Could be firewire configurations or router configurations.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

8. stagecustom macrumors regular

it doesn't regularly work for me, its hit and miss... weird. i usually have my ipod plugged in, but lately i have been burning cd's for people, and i just stick them into it and rip them onto the 360 HD before i give them away or w.e
    :apple:

9. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Only problem I have had was with Video Streaming. It wont work and yea i checked the formats for the videos. Music and photos work like a charm tho.:D

10. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I have Connect360, and have Registered it and it works but not for Videos so I was wondering if I could access the 360 HD. Looks like no luck. I have a couple of Videos lying on my Movies folder WMV but surprisingly, the XBox ain't seeing it. What's the program for Windows that'll run Movies on the 360? I would've to try this on my sister's PC.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is connect 360 seeing them ? Check the connect360 preference pane and if it says there are shared videos then the 360 will see them. If connect360 isnt seeing them - then it's not the 360 - but either the file format or connect360 at error.

12. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

With Connect 360 I've found that sometimes it takes a reboot to get it to see the files, and it can take a while for it to see all the files in the Movies folder. Overall it works reasonably well. Photos and Music work flawlessly. For video files I have a small bus powered hard drive that I just jack into the front of my 360 for now and it works fantastic.

13. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I find starting the 360 after the Mac makes it a lot easier for connect 360 to find the 360. Mine can be a little hit and miss as well actually.

14. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yeah I did a reboot and it works, now it's seeing the Video files on my Movies folder but when I went down to my living room, started the video, it played flawlessly for 6 minutes and all of a sudden, it stopped. Just for no reason, it STOPPED. Tried it a couple times, but it STOPPED after like 6 minutes, tried fast forwarding etc...when played, it just stops, but when I try watching it on my Mac, the video was absolutely fine. This is wierd. Will tyhe 360 recognise or play any video files from an external HD hooked up directly via USB?