acessoreies packaged with the g5

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by twentyeight7, Aug 23, 2003.

1. twentyeight7 macrumors member

can i gt a list of what the g5 comes with ....

keyboard?
    mouse?
    speakers?
    upgrade to panther?
    anything.......

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i havent gotten one but i can still tell yo uwaht it will come with. powermac, keyboard, mouse, powercable, modem cable, usb extension cable, restore cd, cd-r, dvd-r, dvi-vga adapter. thats should be it.

iJon

3. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

wouldnt suprise me if it came with, along with the essentials, a voucher for either free panther or significant panther discounts.

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Maybe a coupon that said "I bet you wished you could have waited--Panther only $129" :)

5. LuvAussies macrumors 6502

LuvAussies

Howz about some new cool stickers!

:)

Love those Apple stickers!

I paid $3000 for the stickers, and the computer is free! :D

6. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

It will pbly come with bluetooth and airport antennae also.

7. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

Only comes with BT if you do the internal BTO BT module. If you dont BTO ithe BT then you can not later add it on except via USB making the antenna useless.

Airport antenna does come with it.

BT antenna only if BTO BT.
    AP-X antenna no matter what.

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

hmmm maybe apple will surprise the dual 2.0 ppl wtih a bluetooth set of mice and kb but i wouldn't count on that

9. twentyeight7 thread starter macrumors member

can u add the bt module after cuz i orderd without it then we found out about the mouse and keyboard the other day so it would be nice to have it now

10. maraczc macrumors member

I would think that they'd rather advertise this than make it a surprise. Why would a comapny not make the most of what it has in an offer?

When you want people to buy something you advertise a mail in rebate offer. You don't "surprise" people with a free gift or rebate. Just a thought.

11. Keith Purfield macrumors regular

Bluetooth is built onto the motherboard, so if you didn't order it with Bluetooth,y ou can buy an external Bluetooth adapter. I think it plugs into a USB port.

And now that I think about it, that'd be nice to plug it into the front port. It could get better range with a keyboard and mouse than the motherboard one.

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

you cannot add an internal bluetooth if if you did not order it with apple. the solder it onto the motherboard and is a one time option. not that big of a deal though, just buy the dlink one of whatever for 50 dollars and plug it in.

iJon

13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I was implying for the people that alreayd ordered before the products were anounced but who cares... I had originally posted that you'd only get a bluetooth antenna with bluetooth built in but i was beat to it so I went to my next thought.

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I though it was a small USB chipcard, that is installed when assembling the machine.

Usually located in a non-Customer Installable Part location and thus not a part you can add later.

Thus the reason the after-purchase USB port Bluetooth module.