ACID flashback

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by powertoolyzf750, Aug 20, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi, Plugged my 15" G4 laptop into my cinema display this morning and WOW - the screen looked like an acid flash back. Tried the laptop on another cinema display that was working fine and it was just as nuts! Re-installed OSX - still no joy? any ideas. It works fine as on it's own 15" screen - but not on the cinema display - weird and worrying!

Thanks

Dan

2. macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

For those of us who have not had experiences with an "acid flash back" could you please describe it in more detail.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

ah hem, I went to art school - that's my excuse - but back on topic...

flashing, strobing screen in various colours. The screen on the laptop is fime - on either mirror or split screen. On the cinema screen - you can see whats going on - folders, mouse moves etc - but just a really scratchy, strobing colour load of horridness.

thanks

dan

4. macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Are there horizontal lines too?
    If yes, then I've seen that before on one of the imacs at school. Every time it would wake up from sleep you would get a "acid flash back" My solution was just to restart.
    How old is the cinema display?

5. macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Does it look like this picture?
    I did a little photoshop with a motion blur to try and get it to look like what I've seen in the past.