Acid Partisanship and an Poll!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by kuyu, May 25, 2004.

1. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Greetings. I've noticed of late that our normal American Partisanship has mutated into a particularly dispicable breed of near hatred. Nietzsche called it the "slave mentality". It's where one group views themselves as good and their opposite as bad, while the counterpart group views themselves as good and their opposite as evil. An important distinction, to say the least.

Anyway, do you all see this sort of rabid hate for the other party in your area? On TV? Radio? Newspapers? School? Work? etc...

Also, if you had to choose a 'party' for yourself, do you see the other party as _______?
    A. Good
    B. OK
    C. Shady
    D. Bad
    E. Evil

Please do not use this thread as a place to flame Bush or Kerry, as such insults do little but enflame their supporters and alienate those whom wish to conduct a real discussion. Thanks for cooperating! :)

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i think there's way too much gray area to make any blanket statements about a party. one can start w/ the platform and form an opinion about each line item, one can judge an individual politician, one can judge the actions of the party leadership, one can cast judgement on a particular party member wrt his/her views, one can support or decry how a bloc of politicians in a party vote.

it so happens that the platform of the democratic party is more in line w/ my personal views than that of the GOP. but i don't agree w/ everything on it (as the party itself has disputes on that), and there are some GOP-associated ideals w/ which i identify, such as balanced budgets.

so when i cast dispersion on bush, it has **** all to do w/ the fact he's a republican, it's got everything to do w/ his actions in office.