ack. anybody know how to format endnotes?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by virus1, May 25, 2006.

1. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

its almost midnight here and i am almost done with my leukemia report. i just can't find out anywhere how to format endnotes. for some reason, they make us do endnotes and a bibliography :eek: . pain in teh a**..

any help? links? (already tried google)

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I tend to:

• Put all publication titles in italics and on the same line followed by author/s and year of publication (not italics). If the writer of the report has provided ISBN numbers and publishing house then they go in as well.

e.g.

Post 2 — Thread 2452211, Blue Velvet, 2006. ISBN XXX XXXX, Random House :)D)

Found a link

http://www.aresearchguide.com/7footnot.html

3. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

There is no universal standard. It all depends what scientific journal you are aiming for. Nevertheless, here are some examples. I hope it will help.

Papers: (authors, year, name of article, name of journal italics, volume in bold, pages)

Schuster, P., and Sigmund, K. 1983. Replicator dynamics, J. Theor. BioL , 100, 535-538.

Peck, J.R. and Feldman, M.W. 1988. Kin selection and the evolution of
    monogamy, Science, 240, 1672-1674.

Books: (authors, year, name of book in quotation, name of publisher)

Hofbauer, J., and Sigmund, K. 1988. “The Theory of Evolution and Dynamical Systems,” Cambridge Univ. Press.

Freidlin, M. I., and Wentzell, A.D. 1994. “Random Perturbations of Dynamical
    Systems,” Springer-Verlag. Berlin/New York.