Ack! I got someone else's phone number!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fuzzy Orange, Jul 5, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

I just activated my iPhone today, and I got someone else's phone number (it shows up as a woman named Kathleen Orich?). Is their anyway to fix it? I really don't want to go over my own stuff again, nor do I want to get someone else's calls. And AT&T's customer service sucks, since I cannot get to a real, talking person. Can anyone help?

2. macrumors member

Twiztedklown316

if somehow AT&T issued you an incorrect phone number (one belonging to another customer no less) I would suggest that you will need to speak to customer service, this is a pretty significant goof up, one that will screw two customers over, and not just you.

3. macrumors 601

I was unaware that the AT&T stores were employing robots.

4. macrumors regular

should clear up

If you just got it - give it 24 hours or so to clear. My caller-id showed up as 'wireless caller' until the next day... They are probably using up numbers pretty quickly.

Unless of course you are getting calls for that person. That was the one thing about my old phone number I've had for 2 years - the woman that used to have it still gets calls from collection agencies.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

I just got off the phone with someone.
    It turns out it was someone else's phone number, who got off of AT&T. So they just need to recycle it.

6. macrumors 68030

dial 611 on your phone and keep pushing 0 ... it will get you a real person