Acme iCover?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Demon Hunter, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    Anyone have experience with this product? Would you recommend it?

It's one of the few that covers the top and the screen... I'm thinking this might fit better than the slide-in keyboard protectors.
  2. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I would rather go with Radtech ScreensavRz

I would rather use Radtech ScreensavRz rather that that thing. It take more time to put it on as you need to slide in that cover over the scrren carefully. ScreensavRz is easy to use: just put it on the keyboard and close. Also, many laptop sleeves or bags have inter padding to prevent scratching the exterior of the notebook. Just my $0.02.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Sounds like the perfect gift for a brand new PowerBook 15". My first thought reading the name of the company Acme was the "Wild Coyote" cartoons and others of that vintage. :D
  4. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    You have to be careful with some covers. They could trap dirt and cause more problems.
  5. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    It seems that as long as a person would start with a brand new PowerBook, there shouldn't be any problems. My idea would be to prevent damage.
  6. chw macrumors newbie

May 4, 2004
    San Diego
    Had it from the start

I actually have been using that for close to a year on my 12" PB. It does take a little more time to put it on but it's actually very easy. I got it because not only it covers the screen from the oily keys, it also protects the top of the PB from stratches when you are carring the PB around or when you are at your desk, it covers the screen from dust if you leave the PB open. At the same time i think it looks quite good. Like you have a swade covered PB :p
  7. mobi macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2004
    Penn's Woods
    The Acme is overkill. Our company ordered a bunch of Shaggymac screen protectors to protect our fleet of PB's. Every one around here has a flawless screen.
  8. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Sep 21, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    It's not that hard to sew one yourself, or get someone who's crafty to do it for you. Spend your money on RAM. :)
  9. Demon Hunter thread starter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    Just an update... I sent it back, not really impressed at all with the quality, material or price. Bought a Radtech cloth instead... much, MUCH better!