Acquisition as a Bittorrent?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GimmeSlack12, Jul 14, 2006.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    Does anyone use Acquisition as their primary bittorent program? I at the moment use Transmission and have noticed that it might be nice to have my bittorent and P2P program open (Acq.) instead of just having bittorrents download in the background (Transm.).

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used Acquisition a lot for bittorents.
  2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I've tried it, and it's ok...

I never use P2P anymore, so there isn't really a good reason for me to use acquisition, but it's a nice alternative sometimes.

Lately I've been trying out the bittorrent download option in Opera 9, have you tried that? It's pretty nice, and it doesn't seem to really slow down web surfing...
  3. swano macrumors member

Mar 8, 2006
    I used it once...ONCE. I downloaded a file I assumed was safe. Well, when it showed up on my desktop fully downloaded I clicked to open it.... It disappeared...completly. harddrive went from 30ish gigs to under a gig. The file I was downloading was no more then a gig or less. This was a year or more ago so I can't remember the actual size. It turns out it hid itself somewhere on my hd and sucked up almost all my space. I ended up downloading a program to help me find hidden files(again, it was a while ago so I cant remember the name of the program) I found it and deleted it and havent use Aquasition since.
    I'm sure this wasnt Aquasitions fault but I was kind of soured from it after that.