acquisition help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kjodmb, Feb 13, 2005.

1. kjodmb macrumors newbie

i just had to get the logic board replaced in my iBook [don't ask, i don't know, it was free to fix]. so all of the programs are opening as if it's the first time they're being used.

the browser window in acquisition is nowhere to be found. i went through every drop down, incl acq. help [no help].

does anyone know the simple solution to this -- i know there is one.

thanks!

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Um, you are asking for help, with a P2P app?

3. phoomp macrumors newbie

Is there something wrong with that?

4. Logik macrumors 6502a

*sigh* you guys are freakin anal around here... sheesh

people are going to steal things... deal with it. he never mentioned he was stealing anything though. yes there's a lot of traffic through p2p for illegal stuff but it has legit uses too. if you had nothing constructive to say, why reply? just to try to say you have the bigger "piece"? grow up and pull the corn cob out. i don't believe it's against the rules to talk about peer 2 peer apps, how to circumvent things and trading serial #'s, or cracks are however. how to use an app is not exactly against the rules. he'as asking for help, can't help? don't respond and move on to the next thread, don't be a dick

5. kjodmb thread starter macrumors newbie

a. thank you to the normal people

b. if it weren't for the logic board and 3 weeks in repair, i wouldn't be asking anything. so i think it is a legit question.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well if the app isnt working properly i would trash it, do a search and trash its preferences as well, then i would re-download it and start it up again to see if the same behavior is happening

edit: probably wouldnt hurt to repair your permissions either

7. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Also, run Software Update and make sure any Java related updates are installed. Acquisition is a Java proggy.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's an application problem, what is done with it is the users business, and so long as they keep that side of it to themselves then that's fine. I don't see any reason why we can't help with a problem getting the thing to work, as we would with any other application.