Acquisition Licensing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dylan, Feb 8, 2006.

1. dylan macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2005
    Well I bought the single user license for Acquisition. I know, I know... couldn't help it.

I was wondering if Dave (Dev.) will let me use the license on multiple user accounts on the same computer. There are no details on his website and I am afraid to try, given his history... Does anyone know?
  2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    I have no idea, but generally when you purchase a license it is good for one machine, not just one account.
  3. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2005
    Yeah but this developer is known for swindling customers... So i don't want to risk it:p
  4. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    Swindle the developer and don't by it at all.

I purchased a liscence a while ago. A few months later, the nag alert re-appeared. When I entered my liscence info - guess what? It magicly no longer worked.

I wasn't about to pay again and I highly advise others not to either.
  5. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2005
    I heard deleting the preference file helps... might want to try that.

As I think I mentioned I have already purchased the program so not purchasing is not really and option... Does anyone know if i can use it on multiple users?
  6. cwedl macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2003
    I've used this Aquisition software before, its has more or less the same content as Limewire and the likes, i.e. Copyrighted material. am I right? if thats the case why do you pay someone so that you can break the law?
  7. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2005
    It's not breaking the law in Canada ;)

I would rather use my money for other things rather than give it to soulless record companies... If I like the music and it is a small label i will buy the album it's as simple as that. Law's aren't to be followed blindly. Have you met the people to write the damn things?

Anyway that getting a little off topic don't you think? So does anyone have any useful information?