Acquisition No Longer Works

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mileslong, May 6, 2006.

1. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

hey guys and gals,

i have had acquisition since my first mac last january 2005. it has always worked like a charm then today it wont pull up any results. everything is the same, i even reset the ports in airport and on acquisition but nothing. it show the usual 4 superkeepers but no matter what i search there is no results.

i tested limewire to see if it was the gnutella network but thats works just fine, anyone else having this problem? any clues on what to look for or how to fix it. there are no firewalls or anything i havent had before.

thanks!

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I read on /. that Bearshare just got shut down? Don't they use the same network? Maybe it's related.

3. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

anyone hear about bearshare getting shut down anywhere?

4. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

No resolution for you, but...

I just tested this, running a rather old version (124.1 -- the last version that uses drawers, I believe) and it connects, pulls down results and downloads files just fine.

I am connected to three Limewire Ultrapeers, and have not registered my version. And that's partially why I've resisted upgrading -- I've noticed that with the newer versions they've really begun limiting features on the non-registered version. Have you registered Acquisition?

5. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

6. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

okay, i used appzapper to remove the application and reinstalled it and now it works again. thanks for the response.

miles