Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by harveypooka, Dec 13, 2004.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    Downloaded the new version of AcquisitionX and it's not too great. Problems with downloads, windows disappear, it crashes etc.
    I went back to the prior version and strangely this has the same problems also. Not sure if it's my system, but checked a couple of websites and quite a few others are experiencing similar problems.

Anyone know of any work around?
  2. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Nov 30, 2004
    No answer for you, but I can add another problem. No matter what I try to do, I can't connect in Acquisition (any version). I'm running on wireless internet, with a D-Link DI-514 router. I've turned off OS X's firewall, opened up all the necessary ports in the router, and still nothing. According to other forums this a common problem, but I've never seen anyone come up with a way to fix it.

If I go onto the school's wireless network (Va Tech) I can connect just fine and downloads scream. As soon as I get back home, it dies.
  3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, that would lead me to believe you've got a problem with the
    router setup or net connection. I'll have a think...
  4. zami macrumors regular

Dec 19, 2003
    South London
    Am running 108.5 without problems. The updates have only brought problems to what was a great application. Try Poisoned 0.5 which gives you FasTrack and Gnutella in one app.
  5. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Nov 30, 2004
    That's another strange thing, Poisoned connects to the Gnutella network, but Acquisition won't....

I also can't download anything through BitTorrent. Again, all the necessary ports have been opened in the router, and it works great through the schools network, but nothing here. It usually connects to peers, but it doesn't download.
  6. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    I've used all of these apps, including Acqlite, but I found AcquisitionX to
    be the best. Or at least it was. It's a shame of the lack of support. Two emails later still nothing and the forums have disappeared from the site.
  7. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Nov 30, 2004
  8. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    Just checking the Acquisition site again, it's now been updated to say that
    the current version is for 10.3 only. I'm a bit miffed about this as I've only
    just paid my shareware fee a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to get the old version working somehow, or buy 10.3. Dang.
  9. McGuillicuddy macrumors newbie

Nov 25, 2004
    Cambridge, UK
    I've been having connection problems as well. When I first downloaded it the software ran beautifully and I had several successful downloads. So I decided to for over the registration fee for this fine software, but I haven't been able to connect since!!

I have been able to connect using Poisoned, and I've used CheckNAT and it says my connections to the networks (well, gnutella at least) are just fine. Any ideas? I'm starting to feel like I've been ripped off my $20 (Canadian).