Acrobat 9 Pro help

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by bigcletus123, Jan 17, 2013.

1. macrumors member

bigcletus123

I have Acrobat Pro 9. Is there some way I can open Acrobat forms that I've downloaded from other businesses (bank applications, insurance forms etc) so I can fill them out with the computer instead of handwriting them ??? I've searched but could not find much on the subject.

Thanks

2. macrumors G4

You have not stated a problem. Of course you can open and fill-in PDF forms in Acrobat 9 Pro unless there is some reason that you cannot. Do you have a problem? If you do, then what is your problem?

3. macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

If the documents were published as fill able forms, then yes. If they are locked by the publisher you can turn it into a fill able form but that takes some time. My health care people do this to me. They offer downloadable forms but I have to fill them in by hand.

Dale

4. macrumors member

If there is no security set, you should be able to use typewriter tool to fill out form.

5. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

The Preview app can do that too, technically.

6. macrumors 6502

If the use case is that you download a form, print it out, then fill in by hand, then yes, you can use Acrobat Pro. In Acrobat 9, it's called Typewriter tool, and you can type anywhere on the page. In Acrobat X, it's View-Tools-Content-Add or Edit Text. Save as, print, and fax!

7. thread starter macrumors member

bigcletus123

Typewriter did it!!

Thanks a bunch!!