Acrobat Reader ships with Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by james.sumners, May 2, 2005.

1. james.sumners macrumors newbie

Is that accurate? I now have two copies of the program in my Applications directory and I have no idea where the second one came from. I am thinking that Tiger installed it but I am not sure.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, I don't think it does. I don't have it on my computer. Thank God. ;)

Did you archive and install? And if so, did you re-install after? It might be that one copy came along for the ride during archive and install, and the second was the one you installed subsequently. I ended up with duplicates of many of the OS X apps and utilities (like Safari 1.3 in the Internet folder and 2.0 in the Applications root).

3. stuckwithme247 macrumors regular

No way man, Preview has enhanced PDF viewing in Tiger, there is no way Adobe Reader would be included. I am on Tiger and it's not here.

4. james.sumners thread starter macrumors newbie

No, just an upgrade. The weird thing is that one of the bundles was created, modfied, and last opened on 12/14/04 -- I didn't even own a Mac until early March 2005. That is why I figured it came with Tiger. Oh well, I will just delete it and move on. Thanks.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

One big advantage of Adobe Reader 7

Is that it has editing features that can be accessed if the creator of the PDF enables them.

This is a new feature of Acrobat 7.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Pro version only, or free as well?

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Alas. *sobs* I should make it clear that most of my hatred of Acrobat is for the free Reader. I respect Adobe Acrobat Professional gangsta'. :) It makes up for the annoying little things by doing some really useful stuff.