Across the isle battle

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 5300cs, May 16, 2003.

1. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I was riding the bullet train last nite, and decided to get some writing done, naturally I pulled out my iBook and woke it from sleep-state in 1 second. Then I noticed the business-man across the isle from me pull out his VAIO. But oh, his isn't sleeping, so it's takes a while to boot into XP.
    Meanwhile I'm still typing away, and I notice him looking over every few minutes. Then he ups the ante and pulls out his Clie, and plugs it into his VAIO. So I respod by pulling out my iPod and continuing my work.
    He sees this and closes his VAIO. He uses his Clie for a few more minutes, then puts it away in defeat. Finally he just ends up playing with his phone. The whole time I'm sitting there relaxing and typing away without skipping a beat.

It's times like that when I love this platform.:cool:

The moral of the story? You'll never out-sexy or out-easy my iBook with some crappy-@$$ VAIO or any other peecee notebook. And the chicks dig 'em!:D

2. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

I'm wondering if it was the vibration of the bullet train that gave you the idea of chicks.

But you have the morals down in terms of looks. :D

4. Rai macrumors member

Hehehe great story...... wait i own a vaio laptop.. hmmm and a NZ90 Clie.

But I agree all the same (my ipod is more beautiful than both of them) :D

Not sure ipod and ibooks, are chick magnets, but if it works for you play on player.:cool:

5. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

If this train's a rockin', don't come a knockin'!

Seriously it is an eye-turner though. I use it in the subway all the time and get looks constantly. Sometimes it's a conversation starter "ohh, that's cute." "is that an Apple?" More faithful that a dog in my opinion (and a dog can't check my email and store my photos.)