Activate iPhone with PIN-locked SIM?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by (marc), Oct 15, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Hi,

the SIM I bought came with a PIN (which I know). When activating the iPhone, it says that you have to enter a SIM without a PIN. Unfortunately, all the other cell phones around me are netlocked so I can't just remove the PIN with one of them.

Can I activate my iPhone with a PIN-locked SIM card?

Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

Why not just use limera1n and hactivate it?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

(marc)

If I do so, can I later restore and activate "normally"? Btw, my iPhone is not netlocked, the problem is that my SIM has a PIN-lock.

4. macrumors 601

Can you obtain a different SIM easily?

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

(marc)

No. I just need a phone without a netlock so I can remove the PIN from the SIM.

6. macrumors 6502a

Chris.L

I have a PIN locked SIM.

Do you not get the option to unlock it after it warns you that it is SIM locked and not insert a SIM without a PIN?

If you do, then type it in, then pull the cable and then plug it back in after a couple of seconds. This should get around that as this is what I do.

If it doesn't work, you might just need to get a pre-pay SIM. Or use a friends

7. macrumors member

popped up with the usual sim unlock box. unlocked but it still had that itunes + cable logo. had to disconnect + reconnect before it could get activated.

8. macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If your iPhone is unlocked, why not just activate it with one of the SIM cards from the other phones?

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

(marc)

That's what I ended up doing, they were all mini-SIMs though (not micro-SIMs), so I had to cut the SIMs. Luckily, I found an old, useless SIM, so I used that. My iPhone now works perfectly.