Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hemanballer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
Hi there. New guy post. And here's my dum-dum question. I bought 2004 OFFICE MAC for students & teachers. However when I work in WORD I wind up getting a message that says I have 26 days to activate the thing. I'm not online, it's just me working with my new G4 straight outta the box. Also, when I work on a WORD document in the background it says I'm working on "word test drive". Is any of this relavant? I went back and re-installed OFFICE, but have the same issues. Is this a no biggie, or is there some action I need to do?

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
hemanballer said:
Hi there. New guy post. And here's my dum-dum question. I bought 2004 OFFICE MAC for students & teachers. However when I work in WORD I wind up getting a message that says I have 26 days to activate the thing. I'm not online, it's just me working with my new G4 straight outta the box. Also, when I work on a WORD document in the background it says I'm working on "word test drive". Is any of this relavant? I went back and re-installed OFFICE, but have the same issues. Is this a no biggie, or is there some action I need to do?

did you enter in your CD-Key/Serial #/Product Key/whatever they're calling it? if you entered it wrong for some reason then it might go into a "demo" mode.

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
You have to uninstall any demo versions prior to installing the "real" version of Office. There should be a "Remove Office Demo" icon in the Office folder (in Applications). Good luck.

Regards,
Marc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.