iPhone Activation problem?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xfortify, Jul 7, 2013.

1. xfortify
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Hello, new to this site as you may tell. For reference, I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.
    After downloading an an app on Cydia, PDAnet, the download did not complete, and ended in an error. It then asked me to restart my springboard, which I did. But after restarting my springboard, the iPhone booted up, took me to an iOS 6 setup screen, and required an activation. This is obviously concerning because I already activated my iPhone awhile ago. I tried to activate it both using my cellular connection and a WIFI connection, and both methods resulted in an error message, "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable." Why did I have to activate my phone again, why is not letting me, and why did this happen after trying to downloading this Cydia app?

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

I'd try to boot into safe mode and then remove the last few cydia packages you installed before that happened.

3. xfortify
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Even in safe mode, if at all in safe mode (I tried to boot in safe mode by holding down the volume button) I can't bypass the activation screen. It will not let me activate it. Any other options?

4. darricksailo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

darricksailo

It's the volume up button, as far as I'm aware of

5. xfortify
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, Im aware of that. I cannot however confirm I am in safe mode, but I have followed all the steps to boot it into safe mode.

6. Applejuiced
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Keep trying, it should eventually let you into the homescreen.
    If that doesn't work maybe you can give the SemiRestore tool a try.