actually pllayed with a 17'' pb today

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by daniel77, Mar 26, 2003.

1. daniel77 macrumors 6502

i was at school today and our tech in cahrge of all tech **** at school, got her a new 17''' powerbook. omg the thing is enormous. I thought 15'' was big, the thing is a behemoth :p you truly havew to see it in person. she was real nice and we chatted a bit about apple (before this she had an aging 500 mhz combo drive 15'' PB). she even let me touch, play with itr :p and the cool thing is it is still waaaaaaay lighter then most pc world laptops of smaller screen status. it was soo awesome.

then i had to go to spanish :D :D

just thought i would share a little machead sighting :p:p

2. alset macrumors 65816

alset

My friend got one yesterday. I kept telling myself it's size would negate it's worth as a portable, but the clarity of the screen and the space to work made me jealous. I hate to say it, but I actually want one.

Dan

3. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Finally got to play with one at the Apple Store today. When I first picked it up, it was slightly heavier than I was expecting, but I adjusted to the weight difference (from my 15") almost immediately and it no longer felt heavy.

I had convinced myself not to buy one, but now... :D

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

i got a 17" pb from apple yesterday...
    OMFG i swear i will switch to PC's...
    it didn't turn on. :mad: :rolleyes: :( :confused: :eek:

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i woudl try charging it first, and spectular dog cow avatar.

6. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I think she meant with the power adapter... :rolleyes:

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I never assume for a very good reason and she did not specifiy so when reading so how was i supposed to know.

8. ELYXR macrumors regular

Did you guys notice the super-sharp edge right before the keyboard? I can't tell if it will matter to me in every day use... It's not like that on the TiBook... it's curved. I'm worried that I might cut myself on it. Any thoughts?

9. bwawn macrumors member

Aren't you the one who claimed to have a 17" PB your dad got from his work at Apple back in late January/early February? Maybe he had to send it back, but just because you just now got a lemon doesn't mean your dad can get it replaced for you in a day or two.

10. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

Ti or 12-inch

I hemmed and hawwed about getting the 17-inch. I actually had one on order at Amazon. I cut out an 11x17 sheet of paper to the dimensions of the 17-inch. I thought it would be too big, so I cancelled my order and thought I'd wait for the supposed 15 Aluminum. Waited and waited, and nothing has happened. So I cracked and got a 15-inch Ti 867 because a good friend of mine could get me the Powerbook for a massive discount. I'm so glad I got the Ti. My friend got the 17-incher. The thing is a tray table. Way too big for my tastes. The size of the TiBook is just right.