Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
Stamina on my 2013 11" i5/8/256 has been much better than expected. If I really monitor my app usage and keep the screen brightness down to 75% or lower, its seems no trouble to squeeze 10 to 12 hours indicated of battery life out of it.

While I rarely have the need to go more than 8 hours without access to a power outlet its great to have the reserve. In fact, typically its 4 to 5 hours where I've been in meetings, on the airplane, or at a convention. However, when only looking at these kind of timeframes, I was constantly worried that I might need some extra time to finish up some work or answer some last minute business request.

With the knowledge that I could go well beyond my typical 4 to 5 hour stretch, I'm no longer worried about power management or looking around the room for a vacant power outlet. Its really a liberating feeling that the extra capacity is there, even though you might not need it. It makes the mobile experience so much better!

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I'm sure this is exactly the scenario that Apple had in mind when choosing what Haswell processors to use and how to use them. It's why performance is only up by 3-5% but battery life is dramatically increased.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Now the downside... because u can spend more time with the laptop now, u start to ignore your chores, fresh&blood friends, u get overweight for lack of exercise. U discover online gambling, no absence of AC plug to keep u on the table and spend the rest of your student loan for online shopping.

Mr Negativity here. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.