Ad Execs Want Into Your iPod

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 31, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68040

Daveway

Is it now typical Americana for ad agencies to invade every form of privacy citizens have?
    It's disgusting.

3. macrumors 68030

.Andy

And to make matters worse the In-House Creative Ideas Team that came up with this x-gen marketability concept are probably on six figure paypackets and will get themselves a healthy bonus for being marketing geniuses......
    :rolleyes:

4. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Is this going to spawn a new form of internet advertising similar to viral marketing? I guess only time and iPodcaster :cool: reaction will tell. :cool:

5. macrumors 68020

ham_man

Into my iPod? I believe that as long as it remains my iPod, they can't touch it...

6. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There are already ads in several of the podcasts available via the iTMS. Slate/ESPN both have them - thankfully, you can forward through them - although so far the rest of the show has been v average too.

7. macrumors regular

Ad Execs want into my iPod... well, it's about the same as if I'd say I want into Angelina Jolie - nobody cares. :cool:

8. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

The only ads I have on my iPod are all the Bud Lite - Real Men of Genius ads, because they're amusing. Even more amusing that I haven't had a bud lite in like a year. (Long live Guinness, says I, and other non water beers)

9. macrumors 68020

YES.

10. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Thank you captain obvious. :rolleyes: I would like to nominate this comment as understatement of the decade.

11. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Please don't start this into an America bashing thread. If you think greed is solely an American trait I think you need to broaden your horizons to the entire collective that is known as mankind.

12. macrumors member