ad on the front page

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mord, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

it interferes with two finger scrolling, if the pointer enters into the ad under the main story it's impossible to two finger scroll, is their anyway to fix this?

2. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

ignoring my complete lack of money i want a MR mug, i know it was not free, but it was a package deal, and besides i dont want to be a "demi god" or anything.

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

You don't have to be a demi-god. You can elect to be called a Contributor or keep your processor ranking if you wish.

4. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

same thing happens with Tuaw and engadget for me - right pain in the ass

o love the new avatar Hector:cool:

5. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

:D

firefox+mac= YUK i love safari and would never use any other browser, apart from something identical to safari but faster.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The only sanctioned way to remove ads off this site is by contributing. That eliminates ads from the front page and forums

for obvious reasons, no other methods are approved, and should not be advertised. :)

arn

7. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

i'm not so much complaining about the ad, more the fact that it stalls scrolling, which may be to do with the formatting of the page.

i will contribute some time, just as i said i have no money, like ziltch

8. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Hector, have you ever tried Camino? It's based on Mozilla code, and doesn't seem to suffer from the scrolling issues. It's not Safari, but it's sure a heck of a lot prettier and more Mac OS X-ified than Firefox. Give it a whirl and see if you like it ;)

9. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

tried it a while ago, did not like it, i don't like the way firefox and camino handle proxies, or history, or those damn annoying messages with unchecked tickboxes asking if you want the message to always come up, if you check it they come up, and if you don't they still come up, it's hell.

safari is my perfect browser setup wise, nothing will ever replace it.