Ad that obscures the page.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ravenvii, Apr 18, 2013.

1. macrumors 604

ravenvii

2. macrumors 65816

Drew017

3. macrumors 6502a

I just got a Goodyear ad on the MacRumors home page that obscured the page on my iPhone/Safari. At first I loaded the home page then a location usage warning pops up. Out of curiosity, I accept and then the Goodyear ad takes over the page. There's no way to close the ad without refreshing it. Frustrating to say the least.

4. Guest

eric/

Nothing is more annoying than pop-up ads or ads that cover the whole page.

5. macrumors 65816

This is becoming a very frequent thing across the web nowadays. They couldn't get you to click on flashy banner ads, so now they obscure the entire site with an ad. The worst are the ones that make it nearly impossible to find the "X".

6. macrumors 68030

Mr. McMac

I never get ads or popups :rolleyes:

7. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Mod note:

As per the forum rules under the section "Things not to do", #12, Don't discuss blocking ads on the site.

From the FAQ

What do I do about annoying ads?
    MacRumors uses an advertising service that supplies ads from a pool. We do not select the specific ads shown or the specific advertisers who participate.

If you find a particular ad especially annoying (e.g., an ad that is oversized, obscures the page, moves around, or has sound), let us know by posting a screenshot in our Site and Forum Feedback forum and telling us the URL it links to. Using this information we can ask to have it removed from the ad pool.

If you find all ads annoying, remember that ads support the site and allow us to provide free news, rumors, and discussion, and that ads are suppressed for paid members. See How do I contribute to MacRumors.com? above.

8. macrumors 6502

tonyr6

Sorry about that. Anyway nothing turns me off to a site that shows full screen ads.

9. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's okay. But now you know how to report those annoying ads to us so we can remove them. :)

10. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member