Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meta-ghost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2002
San Francisco
Is anyone have success with an Adaptec 2906 scsi? I was an (unfortunate) early adopter of OS X and one of the things not working with the early versions of 10.0 was the drivers for the 2906. The problem was sporadic. I didn't know this for months and thought the problem lie in my external CD writer. I gave up and unplugged it but would like to hook it up now. I'm running 10.2.5 and have version 1.1 of the adapted driver. Anybody with any luck?

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Re: Adaptec 2906 scsi - Is yours working?

Originally posted by meta-ghost
Is anyone have success with an Adaptec 2906 scsi? I was an (unfortunate) early adopter of OS X and one of the things not working with the early versions of 10.0 was the drivers for the 2906. The problem was sporadic. I didn't know this for months and thought the problem lie in my external CD writer. I gave up and unplugged it but would like to hook it up now. I'm running 10.2.5 and have version 1.1 of the adapted driver. Anybody with any luck?

Isn't that the "fast" SCSI-1 10 MB/s card? If yes, then I have it working on OS X 10.2.4 Server. A DLT backup unit is attached to it, and is running Retrospect flawlessly. But I do know of some problems with this card and external SCSI CD burners.
The funny thing is that it 'sometimes" works.
So answer to your question:
Yes, it works with my hardware, but it doesn't work very well with some CD burners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.