Adavntages for Mac gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by B@SS_SHOCK, Jun 3, 2003.

1. B@SS_SHOCK macrumors member

Can someone tell me the reason why games are better on Mac? Some guy told me down at the Applecentre told me but I forgot. Can someone refresh my memory?

2. Chimaera macrumors regular

better at games that *what*? To be perfecly honest of all current machines (not counting portable rigs like the GBA) I would class the Mac as the worst of the bunch, with classifying any of the others to be highly specific on taste - for the sort of games I like to play PC wins hands down, but there are lots of games that work better on the consoles, its just I personally am not a big fan of them...

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Probably that they crash less.

Guessing on this because my friend only play 3-4 games constantly ... haha.

Most of them need 1/6 of the time running a Force Quit, not likely in Mac Os X.

4. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Re: Adavntages for Mac gaming?

LOL I have had the complete opposite experience. I don't know what that guy could be talking about.

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

he he. :D if there is a good reason out there why games are better on Mac, then i'd be #1 in line to hear it!!

if i have a choice i'd always play games on my PC. but when i had my TiBook, i worked on it, and since i had it i just played games on it as well. i only played games on it because it was more convenient than moving to another room for the PC.

6. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

7. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

8. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Whiff.... Smells like a troll in here! I hope I am wrong. ;)

I think we all know that Mac is not the way to go if your main interest is games. Get a $900 PC or a sub-$200 console for that.

9. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

BEST. GAME. EVER.

Actually, Nova kind of sucked but that's why there are TCs.

Wait, the TCs that are out right now suck too. :rolleyes: But I love those mission re-start plugs... completed all the strings (besides Vell-os) in a Raven once.

Anyway, I definitely like Age of Empires II better on the Mac but for most games, I'd take the PC version. Quake 3 is a big exception, of course. OS X has stability but nothing else.

10. ThoughtKriminal macrumors member

apple monitors make games look better =)

thats about it though. PCs are better for gaming imho -- but im a pretty big gamer and my 17 inch 1ghz imac 768ram satisfies all my gaming needs. well except console but thats a different story.

now that mac is getting back on the ball with hardware, mac games are coming out fast.

11. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

1. Easier Installation (usually drag n drop)

2. no Driver issues

3. If you get a new mac, and want to move your saved game over, just drag the game folder over to the new Mac (via FW) instead of having to look through folders.

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

never had those problems. you gotta open the HD to get your saved games, i gotta open the C drive on my pc, i dont see a difference. basically that guy thought as long as you have sims, enigno and nova you got your self a badass gaming system. we all know its not true, just like everyone else.

iJon

13. Golem macrumors 6502

Because the mac just works?

I am on a 800 mhz tower with a 2.2?Ghz p4 behind me. Guess which one I play games on. The Mac.

14. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

B@SS_SHOCK I notice most of your posts seem to be mac-bashing, eg Rival for 970?, Why is XP faster? etc etc.

Macs are great machines, but everything has faults, enjoy the good parts!

AppleMatt

15. couch potato macrumors regular

one thing- G5. oh, OSX, so even if it does crash, you dont have to manually restart it like windows

16. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

The fellow at the Apple Store probably told you that Macintosh Gaming is better because we supposedly only get the cream of the crop AAA titles. Too bad that doesn't entirely hold true, and some of those AAA titles end up being rather badly ported. Hyperion Software, anyone? Bleh. They may be good for the Amiga, but not for us.

17. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i completly agree. not a single game i play on my pc is for mac. it really sucks

iJon

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I don't know about anyone else but I'm quite pleased with the UT2003 port. It works quite well for me. I can say that about most things but then, I'm not running them on my G3/400.