ADC Discount for my first Apple (Powerbook :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dogbait, Feb 4, 2005.

1. dogbait macrumors regular

After much thinking, (and some saving) I've decided to buy an Apple for....well, I think everyone here knows why :D (they're good!)

I'm a Computing student (mainly use Linux for dev.) and heard about the ADC Student program, but cannot find ADC student pricing for the UK. Apple head office UK had no idea what the percentage discount is, nor did Sales, and couldn't give me any price unless I had an ADC subscriber number.

Does anyone here know, even a rough idea would be great, the size of the ADC discount in the UK?

Ta!

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Here in the US it's usually 20% off systems. It can be somewhat less for hardware accessories, like Airport Express for instance.

3. shane-o-mac macrumors regular

shane-o-mac

I agree with Dave it is 20% on systems as an average in U.S. Unfotunatley you have to order directly from an agent in Europe vs. the web...so I am a little lost on how to pull down pricing...might call the UK apple store.

4. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

I just bought mine using the ADC disount. It saved me 400 bucks! The link for the internation ADC stores is below:

http://developer.apple.com/students/sthardware.html

There is links for multiple countries. Just make sure you Student ADC has been verified.