ADC Hardware Discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Palad1, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Hello world\n

I'm a freelance developper, as well as a future switcher, dead set on the 15'' superdrive powerbook [Java / SQL / .Net / ObjC ].

The thing is I'm living in Europe where one of these beasties costs an arm and a leg [approx 30% more than in the us], so I'm trying to lower the costs at all means.

I noticed on /. that some people advised buying a mac through the ADC Hardware Discount program. I looked into that and noticed that the 20% hardware discount is offered if you renew your ADC membership after one year.

So, does that mean that if I want to be elligible for such a discount I have to shell out $500, wait another year, shell out another $500, _then_ get a 20% discount?

Did anyone actually try this? In Europe?

Thanks for your answers,

PaLaD1 - who can't wait to be amongst the horde of mac users...

2. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

yes - that's what it means.

3. raiderz182 macrumors regular

find a friend who is a student and use their student ADC membership.... a student's yearly membership is only 99 bucks... thats what i used to buy my powerbook

cons : with the student membership, you can use your discount ONCE only, even if you renew your membership the next year you cant use it anymore

4. Palad1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Thanks

I'll hang out on the local campus screaming on top of my lungs "who wants a 20% rebate on Ipods?"

:)