ADC question?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wano, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Wano macrumors 6502

Ok, so I signed up for the ADC student program. In the assests it says ADC Student Membership (Pending) , I sent them a copy of my student ID and schedule....so does the pending mean they are still verifying it or something like that, and if so how long does this usally take? Thanks!

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's probably more an issue of their getting the money rather than confirming you as a student. It seems that it was 3 days before my first membership was active.

3. thekaiser macrumors member

It should go active in the next day or so. I do not remember how long it took me. I am thinking less than a week. Either way it is a good program, and I am very happy with it. Enjoy!

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

absolutely wonderful :)
    more ADC members :D
    well if you're going...hope to see you guys and some other macrumors ppl @ wwdc!

5. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

I'd love to go, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. :(

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

awww that sucks
    almost no MR member is going to wwdc i guess i'm stuck with people who are way older than me *cries*

7. Wano thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, it has been four days since I signed up and it still says ADC Student Membership (Pending) , but in the review history it says what i've purchased and by the ADC Student Membership (Pending) it says credit card-the date i purchased it- approved...so can I purchase a system with the discount now and also take advantage of all the developing tools?

8. willg43 macrumors newbie

What kind of a discount does the student ADC membership get you? I am in college and potentially looking to get a new mac soon, is it worth it to sign up and get the 99$ membership? thanks.

9. janey macrumors 603

janey

if you're gonna buy a top of the line Power Mac with a cinema or two it's certainly worth it :)
    I believe it is a one time up to 20% hardware discount. check out the savings on the ADC hardware store and there's a link somewhere in http://developer.apple.com about hardware discounts.
    And of course you qualify for scholarships for admission to WWDC :)-note: too late for this year!

10. Wano thread starter macrumors 6502

So can I still purchase a system even though it says under Active Assets - ADC Student Membership (Pending) ? What exactly does this mean?

11. janey macrumors 603

janey

sorry i don't know. i was only a student member for like 5 days :cool:
    now mine says some *@!$@ about a whole bunch of stuff i don't even want that comes with the premier membership.

12. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Well I'm going...but I'm way older than you. :D

13. janey macrumors 603

janey

everyone's gonna be at least 4 years older than i am so i really don't care. just don't say anything!

14. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Say anything? About what? Was I supposed to have knowledge of something here? Hmmm...must have forgotten whatever it was. Well, I guess I can't say anything if I can't remember whatever it was I wasn't supposed to say anything about...

:D :confused: :D

15. Xero macrumors 6502

just make your purchase through the ADC Store, and if the assests arent there yet, youll get an email saying you dont have any assets. and theyll just wait until they show up, then reactivate the order.

EDIT: The ADC discount is definitely worth the $99 dollar sign up, as youll still be saving around $400-500 on something like a powerbook [thats what i bought].

16. janey macrumors 603

janey

lol ;) youre supposed to be at least 18 to go but it's pretty easy to get past the guys ;)

17. Xero macrumors 6502

the fact that your father is a big apple employee probably helps too.:p

EDIT: quated wrong post... and safari v67 sucks:rolleyes:

18. janey macrumors 603

janey

he's not a big apple employee...where did that come from? :confused:

19. Xero macrumors 6502

i thought i remember you saying your dad [or some family member] worked for apple and that was why you had that pre-production 17" powerbook...? who knows maybe im on crack

20. janey macrumors 603

janey

that doesn't mean he's a biggie at apple :rolleyes: :) ;) :p

21. Xero macrumors 6502

well, big enough that he got to take home a pre-prod. 17"'er...right?:)

either that, or your just not telling us that you can really go invisible at will, and can just walk right into WWDC!! i knew it!