ADC Student Developer Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stovetop6872, Jan 18, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

I am going to purchase the ADC Student Developer Kit soon, but wanted to ask a Question....I know that you have to be a student, but do you have to take computer courses? I just want to make sure before they ask for my schedule and it had to have computer courses on it. Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

No, you don't. Good luck!

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Great!! Do you or anyone else have experience with this procedure? How about a step-by-step? Thanks!

4. macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Takes about 2 ->3 weeks for it to be completed, all the stuff to come through etc.
    Gives you a nice discount of 20%, but ONLY ONCE, and its only worth it if your spending more than $2000.

Get a cool XL T-Shirt though.
    Well... Not so cool, but showoffish :)

5. macrumors 601

jaw04005

1. Purchase the student ADC membership from the Apple ADC Store.
    2. You'll get an e-mail that tells you that you need to verify your student status.
    3. You scan your I.D. and schedule and e-mail or fax it back to Apple.
    4. Your membership becomes active (takes a few days usually, unless you call ADC relations --- then they will do it right on the spot).
    5. You'll get an ADC welcome kit in the mail with a t-shirt, documentation and the current version of Mac OS X (unless they changed it to download only now).
    6. You'll also get a "Hardware discount asset" placed in your ADC account that's good for one-time only. The discount varies on different products. You should also keep in mind that you can purchase software from the ADC store at a discount (Aperture is significantly cheaper) as long as you have the hardware discount asset. Once that's gone, you can no longer purchase anything else from the store (or a least that's what they told me).

I haven't been a member since 2003, so some things have likely changed.

6. macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

You cant purchase software anymore.