ADC Student Developer UK Discounts

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EricChunky, Nov 28, 2006.

1. EricChunky macrumors regular

Hi everyone

I've just been verified as a ADC Student Developer. I'm going to buy a new system using the Hardware-discount scheme, however, few questions here:

1. Can I use this discount together with the original Higher Education Discount? I assume not, if so, which one makes a better deal? ADC or HE?

2. All HE computers have a free 3-year warrenty (that is AppleCare minus Phone Support). Afterall, they offers a £50 option to "uplift" the thingy to full AppleCare. If I buy the computer using my ADC discount, do I still get these benefits? If not, that makes ADC Student Discount virtually useless?

Apple seems to hide whatever they can about the ADC Discount from us, hence the questions. Please help.

2. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

No you cannot use 2 discounts at once. ADC is usually 20% off while HE is about 10%. And it's once in a lifetime so make it worth it!

I'm not familiar with the UK's warrantee stuff but I know that it's better to buy your computer though the ADC discount and buy Applecare using your student discount.

Free 3 year warrantee? I hope we're not getting ripped of in the US (AppleCare is sold seperatly)!

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Right...you only get one discount. You order through either the HE store or the ADC store, and you pay the listed price in the store you choose.

I'm not in the UK, but my understanding is that you must purchase through the online HE store in order get the free three-year warranty.

4. EricChunky thread starter macrumors regular

well...

AppleCare Cost + Cost of ADC < ADC Discount - Original HE Discount (13%-18%)

which means there's no point to get ADC student account anyway, coz theres no leaopard as well...

5. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

No leopard? I'm pretty sure that if you're a member of any ADC membership at the time, any new OS is shipped to you when it becomes gold master.