ADC Student Discount

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacRoni, Nov 14, 2002.

1. MacRoni macrumors member

If anyone here has taken advantage the ADC student discount, does the Apple Store absolutely require you to send a fax of your class schedule and photo ID before they finished processing your order. Do they keep you in 'Processing your order' status until they receive the info from you?:confused:

2. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

Thats what it says on the site. I would imagine they'd be pretty strict about enforcing it, you are after all getting a 10%-20% discount on products.

3. demonx macrumors regular

hmm
    You know I got my iBook under the Apple Student Store, but my aunt paid for it. Hopefully that won't cause any trouble...:confused:

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

The normal education discount is not so strict.. but this is talking about the Apple Student Developer discount, which is much much stricter.

irmongoose

5. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

I ended up cancelling my ADC Student Discount order for the mid-range iBook and ordering it from ClubMac.com instead. When you figure in taxes, the ADC Student Discount is not that great a deal since they charge sales tax in all 50 states (well, the ones that have sales tax, anyway). Plus, ClubMac.com threw in 256MB of extra RAM for $40 and also threw in a printer that was free after rebate. Plus, from what I understand people who ordered from the Apple Store are still waitng for their iBooks, whereas I got mine on Tuesday :D