ADC Student Membership

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gamestriker, Jul 22, 2005.

1. gamestriker macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2004
    I'll be turning 18 in several months, and I have been thinking about getting an ADC Student Membership, since I am major in Computer Science and a programmer. I'm still not fully convinced if its worth it.

I also have a few question:

1) Is it $99 period, or $99 per year, like with .Mac?
    2) The once-per-lifetime hardware discount, how significant is that (15%? 20%? 30%?)? and what are the limits, if any, on the purchasing of and on the system itself?
    3) If I do get this, and upgrade to the Select membership later on, will I then be able to get the once-per-membership-year discount? and are the limits on that discount the same as the Student one?
    4) Are the only software discounts for Student members the ones mentioned on this page: ?
    5) What exactly do you get in the Student mailings?

I appreciate the help. :)
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    It's $99 per year. The discount is 10% on "i" products and 15% on "Power" products (although this may vary by country). You can either buy a computer by itself, or a computer plus a display. But you can only use the discount once, so you can't buy a computer, then a display a few months later.

The mailings include OS X, Xcode, and documentation. Someone else will hopefully be able to answer the other questions :)
  3. gamestriker thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2004
    Only 15%? I expected signifant to be like 20%+. Oh well, its still not bad, though I'm not totally convinced yet.