Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iiinsm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I signed up for the ADC Student Program last week Wednesday. The following day, Thursday the 15th, after receiving an email instructing me to do so, I faxed a document containing the necessary verification items to the given number. It is now Tuesday the 20th, and I haven't received an email confirmation. It also still says "pending" beneath "ADC Student Membership" on my ADC assets page.

Has anyone had to wait this long for confirmation? Should I fax another copy of the document? Is there a number I can call?

Also, does anyone know if the Cram and Jam deal applies under the student developer hardware discount? I know this is unlikely, but I definitely wouldn't mind uprading from 2nd gen to 4th gen...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
What they don't tell you is that you can e-mail it too.

The last time, I was told in the standard e-mail to confirm my student status by FAX. I did immediately, and they didn't respond and the status didn't change in the ADC portion of their site. When I contacted them, they told me that they had not received anything.

I don't think that you can mix and match discounts but you can talk to them about it. :)

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
ADC takes a while to move from pending to available. Apple will often verify your info - just submitting it doesn't mean that they have accepted it as valid. Sometimes they call to make sure the school even exists! It sounds silly, but millions of diplomas are bought and sold each year - Apple is just covering its ass.

You can't mix and match discounts. Cram and Jam is only for EDU customers. While you may be a student member of ADC, you cannot use that purchase program b/c Cram and Jam only applies to EDU customers. You have the option of using both programs independently - as in, buy a Powerbook + iPod to get the C&J discount, and then use the 1-time ADC discount for a Powermac.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
It took 3 weeks back when I was a student. I faxed the info, and finally heard back in a few weeks. Just be paient. I doubt lots of resources are dedicated to student memberships.

iiinsm said:
I signed up for the ADC Student Program last week Wednesday. The following day, Thursday the 15th, after receiving an email instructing me to do so, I faxed a document containing the necessary verification items to the given number. It is now Tuesday the 20th, and I haven't received an email confirmation. It also still says "pending" beneath "ADC Student Membership" on my ADC assets page.

Has anyone had to wait this long for confirmation? Should I fax another copy of the document? Is there a number I can call?

Also, does anyone know if the Cram and Jam deal applies under the student developer hardware discount? I know this is unlikely, but I definitely wouldn't mind uprading from 2nd gen to 4th gen...

itsumo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2004
UK
Ten days

It took about two weeks for mine to come through. I guess it just varies depending on their workload or whatever.

It's not like we'll be spending tens of thousands on equipment as students, unlike say a business member. You can imagine we're not number one priority! The discount is pretty good though and the tools and updates come in useful. Definitely worth waiting for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.