1. drsuse macrumors member

so i hear that you get a once-in-a-lifetime hardware discount if you sign up with the ADC student connection. i'm looking at a 15" pb.

i'm starting university in the fall. i don't have a course schedule (since i'm not yet registered in classes) which they recommend as your proof of enrollment, that you need to fax to them. i'm not sure whether any other paperwork would do - like an acceptance, or housing acceptance, or scholarship information etc.

btw, just noticed applecare is actually $200 more than with the normal educational discount. since i'm definitely buying applecare, this might negate the discount from ADC. though perhaps my mother, a university professor, could order the applecare through the education store separately i guess.

i guess it's all more dependent on whether i am actually eligible before i am actually registered in classes. can anyone help me out here? i did email them but i have no idea when i'll hear back.

2. gallivant macrumors member

You could also order the AppleCare *yourself* with the standard edu discount, y'know.